On 1 May 2014 Riga, the European Capital of Culture, will open the door of the former KGB building. Several themed exhibitions will be presented there. As part of this project Museum of the Occupation of Latvia will offer tours of the basement prison cells and exhibition about the history of Cheka’s activities. To schedule a visit for a group please call +371 20258881.

On 26 March 2014 King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia during their state visit to Latvia visited the Museum of Occupation. They were welcomed by the Museum’s Board Chairman Valters Nollendorfs and the Museum Director Gundega Michele. 

In the spring of 2014, Rīga, the European Capital of Culture, will open the door of the building on the corner of Brīvības and Stabu streets. During the Soviet occupation, it housed the headquarters of the State Security Commission (Cheka) but from 30 April to 31 October 2014 it will present the project “The KGB house. File No. 1914/2014”. As a part of this project the Museum of the Occupation of Latvia is preparing an exhibition about the history of Cheka’s activities and will offer tours of the basement prison cells. Come and “Take a Walk in the Corner House!

Paul Goble, Member of the Honorary Council of the Museum of the Occupation of Latvia greeted the Museum on its 20th anniversary. Click to read his essay.